Jetabroad Privacy Statement
Jetabroad is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information and the organisation maintains various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information from loss and misuse, and from unauthorized access, modification, disclosure and interference.
Jetabroad operates in accordance with the Commonwealth privacy laws as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Amended Act). The Privacy Act is a Commonwealth Act that regulates the collection, storage, use and disclosure of different types of personal information. This Privacy statement explains how Jetabroad (Australian Business No. 77 115 848 363), its subsidiaries, and related bodies corporate protects the privacy of your personal information.
Why does Jetabroad collect personal information?
The information we collect is for the purposes of Jetabroad and our business partners providing travel and related services to you and to offer you travel-related products and services that may be of interest to you. You are entitled to access the information Jetabroad holds about you by contacting the privacy officer whose details are provided below. Furthermore, If at any time you have any concerns or complaints in relation to privacy, please contact the privacy officer.
When we book products and services for you, we do so as an agent on behalf of travel service providers. This means that we collect personal information about you both for our internal purposes (e.g. to process your booking and to manage post sale changes), and on behalf of the parties for whom we act as agent, for their internal purposes (e.g. for an airline to process an eticket). In order to provide the travel and related services to you we will disclose only the information required by the service provider so that they may provide the service to you.
We collect the personal information for the following reasons:
- To identify you when you use our site, and in order to customise your Jetabroad experience
- For payment security purposes (identification of fraud or error)
- To enable us to process your booking requests and purchases
- To send you confirmation emails, and advise you of any changes that might occur to your reservation
- For our staff to contact you, where necessary
- Where applicable, to send you updates and/or newsletters
- To send you information about our products and services, that may be of interest to you
- To enable our business partners to contact you with offers of their travel-related products and services that may be of interest to you
For example, we may collect details such as your name, residential address, mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit/debit card details (including card type, card number, security number and expiry date), passport details, frequent flyer details, information about your dietary requirements, and other details relevant to your travel arrangements or required by the relevant travel service providers. In some circumstances, we may collect personal information from you which is regarded as sensitive information (for example: your racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or affiliations, criminal record and health information). We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent and where reasonably necessary for the purpose of organising and booking your travel.
By providing personal information to us (or allowing another person to do so on your behalf), you agree that this Policy will apply to how we handle your personal information and you consent to us collecting, using and disclosing your personal information as detailed in this Policy. If you do not agree with any part of this Policy, you must not provide your personal information to us and this may affect the services we can provide to you.
How do we collect personal information?
In general we will collect personal information directly from you when you book a flight on our website, and, or contact us by email or telephone. When booking a flight on our site Jetabroad ensures your credit card information is transmitted over secure lines. We use a mechanism to transfer sensitive data over the Internet called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL is a protocol that provides communications privacy, authentication and message integrity and prevents eavesdropping, tampering or message forgery by encrypting data.
We may collect personal information about you when you enter competitions, when you register for promotions, when you subscribe to receive marketing from us (e.g. newsletters). We may also collect your personal information when you complete surveys or provide us with feedback. We will only send newsletters or other promotional materials to you if you have opted in to receive them. If you wish to stop receiving these emails, please click here to unsubscribe.
We will delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time and, if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter or re-supply your personal information to us.
Your personal information will be disclosed to, processed and stored with third party providers in the following circumstances
- to travel service providers (including companies overseas) such as travel wholesalers, tour operators, airlines, hotels, car rental companies, travel insurers and other service providers for the purpose for which the information was collected or for a related purpose (for example to facilitate and process your travel arrangements);
- to comply with our legal obligations and any applicable customs/immigration requirements relating to your travel;
- to comply with a request from a qualified government department if we are satisfied that they have the authority to make such request;
- where we suspect that unlawful activity has been or may be engaged in and the personal information is a necessary part of our investigation or reporting of the matter;
- as permitted or required by law
- to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies, including to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
- to third party suppliers of IT based solutions that assist us in providing products and services to you (including companies based overseas)
Where it is required to provide a good or service which you have purchased, we will disclose your personal information to third parties which may be overseas (eg. your personal details for an airline eticket). Jetabroad cannot guarantee that these third parties are subject to equivalent privacy laws as Jetabroad.
Cookies are used on Jetabroad's websites
3rd Party Cookies
Third party cookies (for example: advertising affiliates, and web analytics tools like Google Analytics) are used to provide statistical information and metrics related to the content shown on Jetabroad's site. Personal information gathered by Jetabroad is not passed to these third parties and their cookie data cannot be linked to your personal information.
Links are present on the Jetabroad site, which may result in you leaving the Jetabroad site and being taken to third party web sites. You should note that any information that you provide to these third party web sites is not subject to the Jetabroad Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement
This privacy statement may be changed without notice, as a result of legislative changes or Jetabroad's internal changes. Please ensure you visit the Jetabroad website for the latest version of the privacy statement.
Jetabroad Pty Limited ("Jetabroad") is a proprietary limited company based in New South Wales, Australia. The Jetabroad Privacy Statement covers Jetabroad related entities and the following websites:
Jetabroad is a licensed travel agency and operates an online travel web site that offers a variety of travel products and services.
For issues related to the Jetabroad Privacy Statement please contact:
The Privacy Officer: email@example.com
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 696
Chatswood NSW 2057